Monday, March 24, 2008

Historic Curb Market Has Much to Offer



For years, my mom has cooked vegetables that come straight out of a can. We have had canned green beans, black-eyed peas, and yellow squash for as long as I can remember. Growing up, it took a lot of persuading to get me to put any vegetable near my mouth; I hated all of them. They tasted so blan. The only way I would eat them is drenched in butter or ranch dressing. However, she would make the trip on Saturday mornings to Montgomery's Curb Market which made all the difference. Filled with shoppers three mornings a week, the market has so much to offer. Numerous vendors bring their fresh, right out of the ground produce, the place bursting with color from the array of fruits and vegetables. The curb market's vegetables were the only ones I would actually eat, and now I realize why. The difference is remarkable. Curb market vendors also offer homemade jams, soups, baked goods, and lush flowers. Also, the service is fantastic. All of the vedor workers are so nice, waiting on each customer hand and foot. Montgomery's curb market supports local farmers and business, offers fresh delicious produce and goods, and delivers excellent service.

2 comments:

Chelsea's blog said...

I didn't think they had anything out yet. I'll have to check next time I go back into town.

mollyanne700 said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love going to places like this. There's a market like this on the way to the beach, and I always love getting fruit there to make smoothies! mmmm